Applicants for the TCAdvance Scholarship must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate leadership commitment through participation in community service, particularly within the Turkish American community;
- Pursue a career in law, public policy, public affairs, political science, international relations, communications, journalism or public relations;
- Be a graduating high school senior, a college student, a college senior enrolled (or about to enroll) in graduate school, or a graduate student who is enrolled full time in a degree program.
- While financial need is not an eligibility criteria, special consideration may be shown to applicants who provide information about and prove financial need.
How to Apply
- COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM
[Please obtain a copy here. You must download Acrobat Reader to view and complete the form.]
- RESUME Each copy should be submitted on one single-sided 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper.
- RECOMMENDATIONS Three letters of recommendation (at least two must be academic) must be mailed to TCA by the persons recommending the candidate.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT Must be mailed by the applicant’s school.
Three (3) collated (please use paperclips only!) copies of the first two items must be submitted via mail to:
Turkish Coalition of America
1510 H St. NW Suite 900
Washington, DC 20005
TCA is no longer accepting applications for the 2012 academic year.
For questions, please contact Zeynep Guven at email@example.com.
In its sixth year, the TCAdvance Scholarships have been awarded to 10 Turkish American students for the 2012-13 academic period.
Each year, American students of Turkish heritage, who pursue a career in public policy, international affairs, media and law compete for the TCAdvance Scholarships. The TCAdvance Scholarship Program aims to cultivate a new generation of Turkish American leaders, who are recognized for their academic achievement and commitment to our community.
In addition to the 11 students who will receive the TCAdvance Scholarship for the first time, 5 former recipients from 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 who met the renewal criteria will continue to receive scholarships for the 2012-2013 academic year.
More information on the 2012-13 recipients can be found here.